Financial Advisory Services
You face opportunities and challenges shaped by factors such as your financial strength, experience with debt and derivative transactions, banking relationships, and current market conditions. Once we understand your unique situation, we apply our market knowledge and transaction experience to deliver customized Financial Advisory Services so you achieve your goals.
By applying a thoughtful process, we leverage your time and clarify decision making each step of the way. We help you achieve better results with less stress. We also help you communicate the assumptions, options, decisions, challenges, and wins up the chain of command.
Whether you’re a first-time or frequent issuer, planning a simple, standalone deal or a complex series of interrelated transactions, SJ Advisors will map the course and help you get the job done right.
Our Financial Advisory Services include:
- Structuring debt, conducting scenario analysis, comparing risks and benefits
- Identifying and selecting banking / credit partners
- Evaluating and negotiating proposals to achieve the best rates and terms
- Helping select finance professionals for the transaction team
- Reviewing and negotiating documents
- Assisting with ratings presentations
- Validating market pricing
- Managing the timeline to ensure all parties are on track for an on-schedule closing
How we make a difference:
- Generated more than $500,000 in savings and improved the terms of a letter of credit renewal for a highly rated institution.
- Evaluated structuring options and guided pricing of fixed-rate refunding and new money bonds for an A-rated institution, which produced significant PV savings.
- Presented fixed, variable, and synthetic options for a new money transaction in the context of the client’s existing debt, derivatives, and investment positions leading to board approval of our recommendations.
- Closed a synthetic fixed-rate bank-purchase deal for an unrated borrower on schedule, realizing $400,000 in PV savings.
- Slashed debt service by $850,000 for fixed-rate bank-purchased bonds of an unrated first-time issuer.